During a tidying up session in preparation for the reordering in the North Transit a banner was discovered in the large chest.
On investigation it belongs to the Church Lads Brigade . The National Church Lads Brigade was founded in 1891 and its work was directed towards the personal and social development of young men. Later it amalgamated with the Church Girls Brigade.
The banner is on display on the chest by the pulpit. If anyone has further information about the Church Lads Brigade we would love to know more.